FLASHING LED LIGHT Bottom Fish Jigs by KODIAK CUSTOM FISHING TACKLE are designed to mimic oceanic creatures such as octopus, squid and cuttlefish that release bio-luminescence (the production and emission of light). The blinking light emitted from bio-luminescence can attract predatory fish and trigger a feeding frenzy! The LED light automatically flashes when our electronic fishing lure is submersed in water then turns off when the lure removed from water and dried. Each blinking unit contains a sealed battery that offers approx. 250 hours of continual flashing light. We recommend using 130+ lb. test line with our commercial grade saltwater gear. Use Kodiak Custom Bottom Fish Jigs with or without bait, a slow-medium speed jigging motion, 1-10 feet off bottom and bounce the bottom regularly to monitor depth changes.
See Flashing Light Jigs color options (click here)
COLOR RECOMMENDATIONS (in order) for Alaska’s most sought after bottom fish.
1. Halibut Jigs ~ Blue, white, pink, arctic bird, orange, green, black, aqua.
2. Lingcod Jigs ~ Arctic Bird, pink, white, orange, blue, green, aqua, black.
3. Yelloweye Jigs ~ Blue, orange, pink, white, arctic bird, black, aqua, green.
4. Rockfish Jigs ~ White, orange, arctic bird, black, blue, green, pink, aqua.
COST PER JIG/SIZE:
1. approx. 6 oz. – $19.89 BUY NOW!!!
2. approx. 10 oz. – $24.75 BUY NOW!!!
3. approx. 14 oz. – $26.59 BUY NOW!!!
Our new & improved trailer hook system virtually eliminated trailer hook breakage! We now use 400 lb. test monofilament line that attaches the new style, “Live Bait” trailer hook and our commercial grade fishing gear is literally unbreakable!
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS TO HELP INCREASE THE LIFE OF YOUR JIG!
1. Rinse the lure and LED unit in fresh water after each use and dry completely to insure the light remains off and is saving battery life.
2. Avoid using the jig weight as a handle to subdue fish that are flopping and twisting. Grasp your line instead and ride out the storm!
3. Avoid torquing and wrenching hooks with pliers, channel locks etc. while removing hooks. Back the hook out, opposite of how it went in.
Visit our PHOTOS page to see heavy hitting results from KODIAK CUSTOM FLASHING LIGHT HALIBUT JIGS & LINGCOD JIGS!